Kevin Yarde MPP, Brampton North

Government of Ontario

Services and Assistance

My office is here to help!

Please feel free contact us for assistance with any provincial matter, and see the links below for more information on navigating provincial services and programs.


The application for ODSP and Ontario Works is completed in person at your local ODSP/Ontario Works office.

You will need:
Health Card Number

  • Proof of Identity and Date of Birth
  • Employment History/Information
  • Income and Asset Statements
  • Shelter Costs
  • Status in Canada and Dependent Information

Your local ODSP Office:

Ministry of Community and Social Services
Ontario Disability Support Program
Income and Employment Supports
370 Main Street North, Unit 2
Brampton ON L6V 4A4

Tel: 905-460-5025
Toll Free: 1-877-466-5025
TTY: 905-460-2590
Fax: 905-455-8900

Hours of Operation

Monday - Friday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm

If you can't afford your rent, you can apply for a housing subsidy.

When you receive a housing subsidy, the amount of money you pay for rent is based on your household income. This is also known as rent-geared-to-income.

You may apply for housing subsidy in Peel, even if you don't currently live in Peel.

The wait for housing subsidy in Peel is long, and you may have to wait for several years before you can receive a subsidy.

While you are waiting, you can apply for housing subsidy in other regions outside of Peel without losing your spot. You can also look for affordable housing on your own. We'll still contact you when housing subsidy is available.

Do not re-apply if you've already applied for subsidized housing in Peel or you're already on the wait list.

All applications are reviewed by Peel Access to Housing (PATH).

Step 1: Check your eligibility

To apply, you and everyone on your application (family including children) must:

  • Be a Canadian citizen, a landed immigrant, or have applied for permanent residency, or refugee protection in Canada with no removal orders.
  • Not have outstanding money you owe to another social housing provider.
  • Agree to sell any home or land that you own (or that you share ownership of) within 6 months of accepting an offer.
  • Not have cash, investments or property worth more than $50,000 (or $75,000 if you are applying with someone).

Step 2: Apply online

To apply, you will need to make sure you have acceptable identification.

You will also need to know the income, assets, and personal information for yourself and every person you are applying for.

This information can also be found on the Housing and Shelter website of the Region of Peel.

The Workplace Safety & Insurance Act governs the Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB).

This Act requires that any person acting as a representative for an injured worker be either: a lawyer, a paralegal, a representative of a trade union, or a member of the Office of the Worker Advisor. Although my office is exempt from this provision, my staff are not properly trained to represent workers. This means that we cannot represent you.

However, we are able to assist you with finding the representation you deserve. Although we are unable to represent you at hearings, we are still able to review your claim file and make recommendations.

If you require assistance with any WSIB matter, please ensure you have a copy of your entire claim file. This will ensure we are able to view all the documents pertaining to your matter.

Visit the WSIB Ontario website for more information.

The Landlord and Tenant Board (LTB) was created by the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA) which gives residential landlords and tenants rights and responsibilities and sets out a process for enforcing them.

The role of the LTB is to:

  • resolve disputes between landlords and tenants through mediation or adjudication
  • resolve eviction applications from co-ops
  • provide information to landlords and tenants about their rights and responsibilities under the RTA

This information can also be found on the Landlord & Tenant Board website of the Ontario government.

Always dial 9-1-1 for emergencies.

Peel Regional Police (non-emergency) 905-453-3311

Fire and Emergency Services (non-emergency) 905-874-2700

Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)

Peel Regional Paramedic Services (non-emergency) 905-791-7800, ext. 3951

Hazardous Spill Response (non-emergency, 24-hours) 905-791-7800

Poison Control Information (non-emergency) 1-800-268-9017

Ontario Provincial Police – 1-888-310-1122

Alcoholics Anonymous – 416-487-5591

Peel Children’s Aid Society – 905-363-6131

Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868

Mental Health Helpline: 1-866-531-2600

Canadian Mental Health Association Crisis Support 905-278-9036

Hope Crisis Line 1-800-810-0180 

Spectra 24/7 Helpline 905-459-7777

TeleCheck Senior Program (55+) 289-569-1201

TeleCheck Senior Program (55+) Hindi, Punjabi or Urdu 289-569-1204

Touching Base Program (16+) 289-569-1302
Touching Base Program (16+) Hindi, Punjabi or Urdu 289-569-1204

Victim Services of Peel 905-568-8800
Victim Services of Peel 24/7 Help Line 905-568-1068

Peel Children’s Centre Crisis Response 416-410-8615

Trans Lifeline 877-330-6366

City of Brampton 905-874-2000

Service Brampton 3-1-1 

211 Central 2-1-1

Region of Peel 905-791-7800